Things go on and on at the farm (and in life) sometimes. I’m definitely the idea person in our farming duo, I love coming up with new projects, new ideas, new ways of approaching things and I have a list about a mile long of next things I want to try. The list of garden projects is always growing, always changing, ever evolving, and often getting bigger rather than shrinking.
Just a few of the topics and things we’ve approached over the years include the following… expect a post or more, on each topic to come.
- Espalier trees
- Hops growing (for beer of course!)
- Mushroom beds
- Swales and Terraces
- Raised beds
- Composting piles
- Deer and rabbit thwarting tricks
- Indoor gardening
- Basil growing kits
- Herbs spirals
- Floral arrangements
- Garden watercolors
- Food forests
- Animal husbandry (I really want an alpaca and a mini goat!)
- Chickens, Ducks and their respective coops
- Wild bees
- Bat houses
- Worm bins
- Berries and berry bushes
- Hedges and wind protection
- Rain barrels and water conservation
- Solar power and/or hot water
- Fruiting vines (cold resistant)
If you check back from time to time, you may find this list grow or new lists appear, and change along with my ideas for the garden.
The garden and life are always changing.